Jun 29, 2012

The Hand-Me-Down Beard

DJ and producer Tim "Love" Lee has one of the best, most joyous, beards I know.



I've often encouraged him to enter the World Beard and Moustache Championship. Well, today it turns out his beard is not just a choice; Tim actually has a genetic marker for beard-growing. His great-grand dad, Wilfrid Arthur Bevan, sported a wonderful beard, as this painting from 1870 shows. A remarkable resemblance in the eyes, don't ya think?



Tim was recently interviewed while getting a haircut by the Village Voice and noted, 
I really like the idea of 'putting a beard' on something and making it a bit shabby and left of center. But now I'm trying to go for more of the 'Successful Businessman' look until I make my first million, and then I'll go back to the 'Crazed Woodsman.'
 Intriguing how the signifiers for beard styles change over time.

1 comment:

Vasantha sri said...

Nice information I really loved your representation. I am searching for Hair Cuts the big day. Suggest or recommend the best one to memorable day.